All video news...
22nd International Caspian Oil & Gas Exhibition
2-5 June, 2015
"This exhibition plays a significant role in the contemporary life of our country. In fact, theCaspian Oil &GasExhibition was the first important step that attracted the world's attention to independent Azerbaijan. The exhibition is being held for the 21st time, but the interest in it shows no sign of abating. In fact, it is only increasing. Today over 400 companies are represented at theCaspian Oil & Gas exhibition. The number of companies participating in the exhibition increases from year to year and this is a very good development and a very important indicator, because Azerbaijan’s oil and gas sector is expanding, in terms of both capacity and activity every year. We highly appreciate the activities of our friends and partners – both foreign oil companies and the organizers of this exhibition. Their support has resulted in our mutual success and, as a result, there are over 400 companies participating in the exhibition today."
- Total investment in the country currently equals $172 billion, and about half of this amount comes from direct foreign investment.
- Within six months, $11.5 billion of investment has already been contributed to the economy of Azerbaijan and, by the end of 2014, this figure will exceed $20 billion.
- The contract of the twenty-first century has been signed last year. This contract includes three components: production, transportation and sales (expansion of the Southern Caucasus Pipeline, TANAP and TAP). Here, relations between the European Union and Azerbaijan are of prime importance. This project is Europe’s largest infrastructure project. The volume of funds to be invested is equal to approximately $45 billion.
- SOCAR and BP will invest $4 billion in the implementation of a major environmental project which envisages the establishment, over a period of two years, of a system for the processing of produced water, which is one of the main problems in the oil and gas sector.
- SOCAR plans to begin construction of the OGPC in 2015. It is scheduled to come online between 2023 and 2025. The complex will include gas processing, oil refining and petrochemical plants. The construction of the OGPC is estimated to cost $14.4 billion.
- Since the beginning of 2001 $101 billion has been received by the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) for the project to develop the Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli (ACG) block of oil and gas fields in the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea.
BENEFITS OF EXHIBITING
The meeting place of industry leaders
- Provides an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your professional achievements
- Contributes to the sustainable development of the national fuel and energy complex
- Offers a unique opportunity to assess the state of development of the fuel and energy sector, and to identify priorities and key risks for the industry
- Serves to expand international cooperation, and improve the scientific, technical, production and technological potential in this sector of the economy of Azerbaijan
- Allows for open dialogue between the regulators of the oil and gas industry, the business community and independent experts, and contributes to the formation and implementation of innovative technologies in the fields of exploration, production, transportation and processing of oil and gas.
CASPIAN OIL AND GAS EXHIBITION 2014 FACTS:
Number of exhibitors: 402
Number of countries: 29
Number of trade visitors: 8114
Some of the important figures speaking at the Caspian Oil & Gas Opening Ceremony included Ambassador of the USA in Azerbaijan Richard Morningstar, who read out a welcome letter to the exhibitors and conference participants on behalf of US President Barack Obama; UK Trade Envoy to Azerbaijan Charles Hendry who read a welcome letter on behalf of UK Prime Minister David Cameron; Deputy Minister of Oil and Energy of Norway KareFostervold who read a welcome letter on behalf of Prime Minister of Norway Erna Solberg, Head of the EU Mission in Azerbaijan MalenaMard read a welcome letter from European Commissioner for Energy GüntherOettinger, and BP Group Chief Executive Robert Dudley. VIP guests of honour at the Caspian Oil & Gas exhibition and conference also included Minister of Energy of Lithuania YaroslavNeverovich, Secretary General of the Energy Charter Urban Rusnák, First Deputy Minister of Power and Natural Resources of Turkey MetinKilci, Senior Adviser at the Bureau of Energy Resources of the US Department of State Daniel Stein and other prominent officials.
CASPIAN OIL & GAS CONFERENCE:
- The Caspian Oil & Gas Conference is one of the most important international oil and gas events, where the topical issues of bilateral and multilateral energy relations and global energy security are discussed. Along with evaluating new trends in the oil and gas market, delegates can analyse potential opportunities in the region including cooperative initiatives, prospects for solving global energy security issues and large investment projects.
- The only oil and gas event of its kind in Central Asia
- The meeting place of the leading players in the industry
- Full support from the Government of Azerbaijan
- Large trade missions from various countries
- Over 20 sponsors
- Over 600 delegates
- Over 50 industry related presentations
- Natig Aliyev, Minister of Energy of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Rovnag Abdullayev, President, SOCAR
- Jaroslav Neverovic, Minister of Energy of Lithuania
- Daniel Stein, Senior Advisor on Energy Resources, U.S. Department of State
- Urban Rusnak, Secretary General, the Energy Charter
- MetinKilci, Undersecretary, Ministry of Energy & Natural Resources of Turkey
- and others
Minister of Energy of the Republic of Azerbaijan
For many years now, our Caspian Oil & Gas Exhibition and Conference has been a dominating, large-scale event among all others in the oil and gas sector. Its geographical scope expands every year. The President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev gives much of his attention to this event. Caspian Oil & Gas is the loudspeaker of the Azerbaijan oil and gas industry. In evaluation of the exhibition, I must say, it has been very well organised. Most of our guests are already well aware of that.
President of SOCAR
For 21 years now the Caspian Oil & Gas Exhibition and Conference has been demonstrating to the world the unparalleled achievements of the astute new oil strategy of Azerbaijan. Holding this position has become a tradition. The successes of the oil industry, discovery of more and more new fields, production, refining and transportation of hydrocarbons to the world market, as well as the diversification of supply routes and broad-scale projects implemented to ensure the region’s energy security, promote an annual increase of international interest towards this exhibition and conference.
The “RussNeft” company group traditionally participates in the Caspian Oil & Gas Exhibition: we are participating for the fourth time this year. We know that Caspian Oil & Gas 2014 is of huge internationalsignificance, and this fact is supported by its impressive list of participants. I am sure that such a reputable exhibition as Caspian Oil & Gas will help us achieve all set goals, and that our joint activity with exhibitionparticipants and organisers will be fruitful and successful for many years ahead.
General Director, Azfen
Azfen is a joint venture company establishedby SOCAR and Turkish Tekfen. Annual participation in the exhibition has enabled us to demonstrate our achievements and successfully implemented projectssince 1996, when the company wasfounded. Over the years of its existence, the Caspian Oil & Gas company has grown and developed alongside the oil and gas industry. The current scale and level of the event reflects the extent of oil and gas industry’s development, not only in our country, but in the region as a whole.